Skip to main content

2015 Travels

I can never thank enough my job that brings me to places.  It may not be internationally but at least within Northern Mindanao. I am good at multi-tasking, FYI, and that includes juggling my monotonous work life while having fun such as photography. Of course, your companions add more colors to it and for the ones you don't like, feels like hell. Haha. 

Last February 26 was my 2015 kickstart out-of-town travel related to work. I have been to Misamis Occidental before around 2011 when I and a bunch of my workmates from my previous company went to Dakak Resort and stayed there for three days. 

The only difference now in visiting Misamis Occidental was going to some far-flung areas and meet people there to conduct an orientation on programs and services. Before, i focused on a summer where white beaches lay and now focused instead on serving government programs. Ugh. Such a turned of events. 

But i just wanted to enlist here my first times:

My first time 7-hour public bus ride to Misamis Occidental, (Last 2011, we used a private car from my friend for travelling.) feels like back-packing literally and glad brought the DSLR for a more high definition photos.

Promise, the ride was exhausting. We started boarding the bus from Cagayan de Oro Westbound Terminal (Bulua) around 6AM so we can reach Iligan City Terminal around 7-8AM. Seriously, we only had donuts and hot choco to pump up for the morning not to mention a lot of stuff to bring in hand. That was fine though since the bus weren't fully occupied. Not until of course we reached Iligan City's two terminals and i nearly vomited 'cause of headache coupled with scorching heat and noisy children screaming behind us, Ugh. The airconditioned bus from CDO slowly feels like just a regular public ride. 

FYI, some parts of Southern Mindanao as of that travel already experienced all-out-offensive war against the Philippine terrorist groups and perhaps the reason why we always get to bump along the way to Mukas passing through areas of Lanao del Norte bunch of militaries or police visibilities for that reason. Even as we got off the bus, there were K9 dogs hovering the inside to check for any suspicious things.

Overall, Lanao del Norte still remains at peace contrary to all the issues that Mindanao has been chaotic.

Arriving Iligan, we rode another 2-3hours, i guess, for Mukas Port so we can hop in the barge to bring us across Ozamis City.



The barge ride feels so good and i felt relaxed as i got off from the bus and picked the 2nd floor spot of the ship so i can intensely gaze the sea and the summer breeze. That was my second ride since 2011 though. Everything still feels the same just like the ticket outlets and the people, i assume. 



Will post on another entry my arrival in Calamba, Misamis Occidental.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bob Ong

TAGALOG. Maraming beses ko ng narinig ang pangalang BOB ONG.Syempre, todo curious ako kung sino ba talagang taong to na tal'gang sikat na sikat.'Kala ko ka-level siya nina Oprah Winfrey oh di kaya'y ke Boy Abunda(at ba't biglang napunta toh ke Boy Abunda?). Pero obcors ng dahil sa tulong ni kebigang Google, sa wakas nakita ko ang awto-biyograpiya niya at ang mga sikat na libro na nalathala na niya. Nagsimula pala ang mga aklat niya sa online at napag-isipang gawing hard print. Isa pa rin diyan ang sikat na tanong kung sino ba talaga siya. Dahil ngayon ko lang nalaman na screen name lang pala 'yun gaya ng ARA MINA ni Hazel Reyes (siya lang ang naisipan kong me screen name kasi)!  Oh siya, tama na ang intro.Basta ang alam ko lang, napunta ako sa blagsayt ng kebigan ko at mahiwagang na-inspayr ako sa mga sulat niya sa Tagalog. Kung kaya't heto ang eksplanasyon ko sa pagiging tagalog ko sa entry na ito (sabay ngiti).  Sa pagkakaalam ko, di naman ako mahuhuli sa w

FRUSTRATIONS

Hello! I know it has been awhile not posting anything in here! I have been battling a good fight for the past years up until now. You always know that this blog has been my consolation and not minding people to read this though since am not aiming for followers anyway. Well, lemme go back to the reason why am here here again. And that's for sure due to depression, sadness and frustrations. These drives and motivates me to write something which i don't have the guts to tell people surrounding me. And i don't want them to be bothered of my problems and anxities either. I knoe each one of us face different things apart from what i am experiencing now. But the photo above reminds me to be calm during this storm. My life has always been topsy turvy. And no matter what, i always keep myself grounded how to make this life straighten up. I am starting to lose myself! At times, i am even thinking of ending this life. Butttt,  i don't even know really. Til here t

Personal na Obserbasyon

I suddenly remembered my senior class of research. That already aged two years ago since i left college. I remembered how Miss Chona Patricia Echavez (my Research Professor who became a HUGE inspiration of mine from her successful career, classical and timeless fashion down to the passionate drive for travel)detailed to us the nature of Personal Observation. Quoted from her, PO is one of the secret ingredients in obtaining a tasty, delectable storyline and introduction to a research. Hey, am not starting to discuss the helluva process of Thesis but am just expressing not only for my love of my teacher. But this is a story of how PO became part of my everyday system and everyday write-ups for my journal and my online blog. Before getting into the main point, just wanna emphasize by the way how Miss Chona made my Thesis enjoyable and fun.Quit the thought of me being sarcastic right here.*eyebrows raised* Hell yeah! Thesis is like eating a piece of an ice cream ready to melt. Hehe.